Modular EMC Appliance Handles Multiple Data TypesEMC acquired Greenplum in 2010, and it wasted no time in developing an EMC Greenplum Data Computing Appliance (DCA) combining EMC storage hardware and replication and recovery options with Greenplum's massively parallel processing (MPP) database. EMC's Data Computing Division is expanding on Greenplum's deep support for in-database analytics with partners including SAS and MapR.
EMC introduced its own distribution of Hadoop software in May, and a Modular DCA set for release this fall promises to support the Greenplum SQL/relational database as well as Hadoop deployments on the same appliance. With Hadoop, EMC addresses analysis of truly big data like clickstreams and unstructured data such as social-network comments. The Modular DCA will also support high-capacity storage modules on the same appliance for long-term retention of records to meet regulatory mandates.
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?