When MultiChannel Marketing Is Not EnoughGuitar Center was doing all the right things: working on search engine optimization, linking store and warehouse inventories to give online customers an integrated shopping basket, and more. But the chain was still losing market share to price-chopping online-only retailers.
Guitar Center's response? Hyper localization, with a templated website that lets managers and salespeople within each store share profiles, pictures, and promotions highlighting the local store, employee expertise, local artists, and news about the local music scene.
Individual stores also post pictures, prices and descriptions of used merchandise available exclusively at that store. The site lets customers browse profiles and contact local employees who specialize in serving guitarists, drummers, keyboardists, home-studio geeks, and so on.
Guitar Center used an iPad contest to encourage employees to share pictures and profiles, and 4,000 were posted within weeks. The effort put a human face on a national chain, highlighting local expertise that stores without retail employees can't offer. The next step? Integrating profiles with Facebook and other social networks.
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Application Testing Strategies in the IBM z/OS Environment
- Optimizing Customer Communications: The Key to Bank Growth
- DevOps for a New Millennium: A Lifecycle Perspective Supporting Business Growth in an Altered Economy
- IBV Study: Connecting the C-Suite
- Design matters: Collaborate, automate, innovate and be agile