10Gen Scales Up Developer-Friendly Mongo DB10Gen is the developer and commercial support provider behind open source MongoDB. Among six NoSQL databases highlighted in this roundup (along with DynamoDB, Cassandra, HBase, CouchBase and Neo Technologies), MongoDB is distinguished as the leading document-oriented database. As such it can handle semi-structured information encoded in JSON (Java Script Object Notation), XML or other document formats. The big attraction is flexibility, speed and ease of use, as you can quickly embrace new data without the rigid schemas and data transformations required by relational databases.
MongoDB is not the scalability champion of the NoSQL set, but 10Gen is working on that. In 2012 it introduced MongoDB 2.2, which added a real-time aggregation framework, new sharding and replication features for multi-data center deployments, and improved performance and database concurrency for high-scale deployments. The data aggregation framework fills an analytics void by letting users directly query data within MongoDB without using complicated batch-oriented MapReduce jobs. CouchBase plans to step up competition with MongoDB by way of JSON support, but we're sure 10Gen and the MongoDB community will step up to improve scalability and performance in 2013.
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Application Testing Strategies in the IBM z/OS Environment
- Optimizing Customer Communications: The Key to Bank Growth
- DevOps for a New Millennium: A Lifecycle Perspective Supporting Business Growth in an Altered Economy
- IBV Study: Connecting the C-Suite
- Design matters: Collaborate, automate, innovate and be agile