Couchbase Targets A NoSQL DivideA top contender in the NoSQL movement, Couchbase is a key-value store that is chosen for its scalability, reliability and high performance. As such, it's used by Internet giants (Orbitz), gaming companies (Zynga), and a growing flock of brick-and-mortar companies (Starbucks). These and other customers need to scale up much more quickly and affordably than is possible with conventional relational databases. Couchbase is the developer and commercial support provider behind the open-source database of the same name.
Key-value stores tend to be simple, offering little beyond record storage. With Couchbase 2.0, set for release in mid-December, Couchbase is looking to bridge the gap between key-value store and document database, the latter being MongoDB's domain. Couchbase 2.0 adds support for storing JSON (Java Script Object Notation) documents, and it adds tools to build indexes and support querying. These basics may not wow MongoDB fans used to myriad developer-friendly features, but Couchbase thinks scalability and performance will win the day. Look for a pitched battle in 2013.
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Application Testing Strategies in the IBM z/OS Environment
- Optimizing Customer Communications: The Key to Bank Growth
- DevOps for a New Millennium: A Lifecycle Perspective Supporting Business Growth in an Altered Economy
- IBV Study: Connecting the C-Suite
- Design matters: Collaborate, automate, innovate and be agile