The Open-Source Majority - InformationWeek
IoT
IoT
Software // Information Management
Commentary
9/28/2005
11:43 AM
Commentary
Commentary
Commentary
50%
50%

The Open-Source Majority

So if you're a BI practitioner who doesn't trust open-source software applications for your intelligence work, here's something you should know: You're in the minority.

So if you're a BI practitioner who doesn't trust open-source software applications for your intelligence work, here's something you should know: You're in the minority.Or that, at least, is what our last, hugely unscientific Business Intelligence Pipeline reader's poll indicates. Only 39 percent of respondents said they would not be willing to run their core BI apps on open-source software. The remaining 61 percent are all-go when it comes to open source.

Want an overview of open source and BI? Get it here.

Comment  | 
Print  | 
More Insights
Comments
Newest First  |  Oldest First  |  Threaded View
How Enterprises Are Attacking the IT Security Enterprise
How Enterprises Are Attacking the IT Security Enterprise
To learn more about what organizations are doing to tackle attacks and threats we surveyed a group of 300 IT and infosec professionals to find out what their biggest IT security challenges are and what they're doing to defend against today's threats. Download the report to see what they're saying.
Register for InformationWeek Newsletters
White Papers
Current Issue
IT Strategies to Conquer the Cloud
Chances are your organization is adopting cloud computing in one way or another -- or in multiple ways. Understanding the skills you need and how cloud affects IT operations and networking will help you adapt.
Video
Slideshows
Twitter Feed
InformationWeek Radio
Archived InformationWeek Radio
Join us for a roundup of the top stories on InformationWeek.com for the week of November 6, 2016. We'll be talking with the InformationWeek.com editors and correspondents who brought you the top stories of the week to get the "story behind the story."
Sponsored Live Streaming Video
Everything You've Been Told About Mobility Is Wrong
Attend this video symposium with Sean Wisdom, Global Director of Mobility Solutions, and learn about how you can harness powerful new products to mobilize your business potential.
Flash Poll