One For All: Windows 8 MailHow many personal and professional email accounts do you use daily? Whatever the exact number, it's almost certainly more than one. Windows 8's Mail is a single app for all of your mail accounts. With a clean interface inspired by Windows Phone Mail, the new app is optimized for touch input--a design choice that may please tablet users more than the laptop/desktop crowd.
Windows reviewer Paul Thurrott, in his preview of Windows 8 Mail, notes that the app's prerelease version can add Exchange Active Sync (EAS)-compatible email accounts, such as Exchange, Hotmail, and Google, but not other mail services like Yahoo, IMAP, or POP3. Hopefully Microsoft will broaden the app's email support before Windows 8 ships.
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?