Storage SpacesWindows 8 has a new feature called Storage Spaces, which is absent from Windows RT. The omission makes sense, as Storage Spaces is geared toward enterprise and power users. The feature lets you save files to two or more drives. If you run low on capacity, you can add more drives to a "storage pool" of drives. Pooled disks are connected via USB, SATA (Serial ATA), or SAS (Serial Attached SCSI). Microsoft uses a technology called "thin provisioning" to expand the storage capacity of physical disks beyond their stated size. A storage pool of two 2TB hard disks (4TB), for instance, becomes a 10TB mirrored space.
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?