LyncSkype may be the Microsoft's communications tool of choice for consumers, but Lync gets the nod for Redmond's enterprise clients. The new Lync app has been "reimagined" for the new Windows 8 UI, which means the capable communications app is optimized for touch, and features the sleek, clean look of the interface formerly known as Metro. Lync users can switch between IM, video or voice conferencing, or use all three at once. A free download from the Windows Store, the Lync app also snaps to the side of your screen, which is handy for referencing a website or another app during a demo. Lync requires Lync Server or an Office 365/Lync Online account to work.
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.