If you're asking for what we would like to see at our new home, here are some ideas...take 'em, leave 'em. I won't be insulted! Hope this of benefit
- comparative pieces which show the differences between verticals for use of IT, purposes, policies, etc., i.e., healthcare vs. financial services, government vs.everyone. Compare and contrast, and where are the benefits and the downsides. What can be learned, what will change, what will stay the same.
- a running tab every 6 months on "new positions" -- jobs that didn't exist x years ago that exist now, and how they keeps changing. Ditto how current jobs have changed by technology. What positions are hot, which ones are not -- based on need and marketplace gyrations.
- case studies, perhaps turning some of those interviews into "how we did it" or "what we faced" and putting a company name on it, the challenges, and the outcomes. Include Best Practices
- startups on the cusp of breaking out that will impact parts of IT from Cloud to Security to UX, etc. CIOs making deals with startups, adapting new startup technologies, etc.
- "Out of the Box" -- a monthly example of "out of the box" thinking somewhere in IT -- anywhere in IT -- something someone did, or a team did, that was different, out of the norm. Did it work? Not work? Why? Can be exapanded to "out of the box" thinking in digital technology in general. Might be fruitful to future IT actions. Not as literate and wonderful as "Geekend," but along those lines.