The rumors are diverse, but none of them revolutionary: New MacBooks, maybe with retina displays; new Apple TV; new iOS 6, but no devices to run it on; Apple's own mapping program and API. Are the 17-inch MacBook Pros done?
If you're a Mac fan WWDC seems to be shaping up to be a pretty big deal, but none of the rumors I've heard have me excited:
- New Macs with bumped-up specs (faster CPUs, more memory, bigger drives)
- New MacBook Pros with similar bumps, but note that the lineup listed by 9to5Mac does not include a 17-inch model. I had heard an analyst say months ago that these would likely be dropped. They're way too big anyway.
- 2 new MacBook Airs and a MacBook Pro with a Retina display.
- Updated AirPort Express
- Updated SuperDrive
- Some sort of MagSafe update
- The formal announcement of iOS 6
- Do Not Disturb feature to turn off Alerts and Banners
- Facebook integration of some sort
- New APIs for Siri and mapping
We'll find out more very soon, but none of this has me excited.
White PapersMore White Papers