Stories From The Issue Of » January 07, 2002
Save Or Spend?
The uncertain economy calls for caution in IT spending, but companies must also guard against cutting back too much.
THE NEW WORKPLACE
- Hot Job Skills For The Year Ahead
- It's Still A Tough Call For IT Spending In New Year
- IT Salaries Come Back To Earth
- Gloomy IT Job Market May Perk Up In 2002
- Bob Evans Business Technology: Teens' Inscrutable Adventures
- Herbert W. Lovelace Ask The Secret CIO: Cheater's Comeuppance
- David Post and Bradford C. Brown On The Horizon: 'Peer Production' Promises To Leap In Importance
- Robert M. Rubin Industry Comment: Plain English, Please
- Fred Langa Langa Letter: Ten Resolutions For Better Computing In 2002
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: There Are No Quick Replies In This Age Of Uncertainty
- John Soat IT Confidential
- William Schaff Taking Stock: Guarded Optimism For Tech-Stock Recovery In Latter Part Of Year
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- VerticalNet Finalizes Buyout Of Atlas Commerce
- IBM Transceiver Unit Shifts To Uniphase's Hands
- Hynix Price Hike Could Snap DRAM Market Out Of Coma
- Click Has The Relationship-Management Blues
- 3-D Glasses Hit The Web
- Getting Gates' Attention
- Defying History
- And The Winner Is...
- The Euro Meets RFID
FOLLOW THE MONEY
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users