Stories From The Issue Of » January 08, 2007
Exclusive: Inside Hewlett-Packard's Data Warehouse Gamble
CEO Mark Hurd and CIO Randy Mott draw on past experience to take on IBM, Oracle, and Teradata.
Technology Outlook: IT Priorities For 2007
Data analysis, virtualization, regulation top the to-do list for technology managers this year.
EMS: Adventures In X-treme Web 2.0
Specialty retailer EMS uses blogs, wikis, and BI tools to expand collaboration internally and externally with business partners.
Get Ready For VoIP Attacks
Hacking tools are out there, so it's time to shore up your VoIP network's defenses.
Apple Bug Bites OS X, Windows
The Month of Apple Bugs kicked off this week with a new and potentially critical bug in Apple's popular QuickTime application that affects both Mac OS X and Windows users.
Botnets Don Invisibility Cloaks
Most botnets are usually pretty obvious to detect, but botnet operators are now starting to use stealthier ways to communicate with their zombied machines, namely through Web connections, according to researchers.
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Business Intelligence Still In Its Infancy
- John Soat IT Confidential: Resolving To Resolve The Daylight-Saving Time Problem
- Stephanie Stahl CIOs Uncensored: One CIO's Life On The Edge Of IT Innovation
- From Our Blog
- Even With China Deal, Google's Got A Tough Sell In Mobile Search
- IronPort Deal Shows Cisco Exploring Broader Security And Pricing Strategies
- On The Case
- The Ticker
- Brief: The Black Patent Cloud Over Bluetooth
- Managers Have Too Much Information, Do Too Little Sharing, Says Study
- Google Vulnerability A Sign Of Web 2.0 Weakness
- Bollywood Goes Digital
- Placeblogs Cast A Narrow Net
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Apple
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users