Stories From The Issue Of » January 18, 2010
Why You Need A SaaS Strategy
Too many CIOs take an ad hoc approach to software as a service. That won't cut it as SaaS use expands.
Rolling Review: Virtualization Management
We kick off a Rolling Review of four products that aim to tame virtual servers.
Tech Center Report: Using E-Mail Security Service Providers to Round Out Protection
Hosted-e-mail security firms are leading the SaaS market thanks to ease of implementation and other benefits. Still, these services are not without risks. In this Dark Reading report, we discuss how to determine what mix of in-house and hosted mail makes sense for your organization.
Open Source Clouds On The Rise
The U.S. government is an early adopter of cloud computing and a proponent of open source, two trends that are about to intersect.
7 Questions Key To Social Networking Success
What's the ROI? Go public or private? What about a policy? It's time to get serious.
Global CIO: The Top 10 CIO Issues For 2010
For CIOs, 2010 will require new emphases on customers, revenue, external information, and a passion for rapid change.
By Bob Evans
- Spear-Phishing Attacks Out Of China Targeted Source Code, Intellectual Property
- HP, Microsoft In $250 Million Cloud Computing Pact
- Google Docs To Store Any File
- VMware To Buy Zimbra From Yahoo
- Saleforce.com Preps For February Refresh
- Dell's Data Center Unit Racking Up Cloud Sales
- Wal-Mart, SAP Set Sights On Sustainability
- More News
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook