Stories From The Issue Of » January 21, 2002
Job-hopping has always been the way to get ahead in IT. But in today's slow job market, IT professionals could use some lessons in staying happy while staying right where they are.
It's time for developers to think and act differently.
MetLife's new system improves customer service by putting all data in one place
THE NEW WORKPLACE
- Herbert W. Lovelace Ask The Secret CIO: When Promotions Go Bad
- Bob Evans Business Technology: A New Era For Software
- John Soat IT Confidential
- William Schaff Taking Stock: The Games People Play With Your Money Need More Oversight
- Robert M. Rubin Industry Comment: National ID Card Commentary Enters The Silly Season
- Fred Langa Langa Letter: January's XP Surprise: The Giant Paperweight
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Poor-Quality Software Needs Zero Tolerance
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Yahoo Stuck In Online Advertising Doldrums
- IBM Slips Amid PC Sales Slide, Services Shortfall
- Weak PC Market Takes Toll On Microsoft
- Few Bright Spots In Sun's Second Quarter
- Microsoft's Latest Legal Wrangle
- Homeland Security Goes Wireless
- Shrinking The Server
- Down But Not Out In Silicon Valley
FOLLOW THE MONEY
- CIA-Backed Fund Supports Stratify's Technology
- Ceramic+Metal = $12 million
- A Better Way To Track Paperwork?
- Let Others Wring Value From Intellectual Property
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay