Stories From The Issue Of » January 23, 2006
What's Left Of Unix?
Vendors are scrapping over what remains of a once-hearty market.
The World Is At The Door
U.S. universities face global competition for business-funded research.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: The Tech Job Front: India, eBay, And You
- Bob Evans Business Technology: Through The Prying Eyes Of 'Privacy Advocates'
- Fred Langa Langa Letter: XP On Your Thumb Drive
- John Soat IT Confidential: Evolution, Web Surfing, And Wiretaps
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue