Stories From The Issue Of » January 28, 2013
= Member Content
- Why Apple Is IT's Arch Frenemy
Apple devices are supported in nine out of 10 companies, our research finds, but IT needs ways to manage them more efficiently and securely.
- Apple Doesn't Rule The School
Education is one of Apple's traditional markets, but the company's gear isn't always a perfect fit.
- Close The BYOD Security Hole
A bring-your-own-device policy it a low-cost way to use Apple devices without spending a lot of money, but donít forget security.
- Cloud Standards: Bottom Up, Not Top Down
IT has good reason to demand standardization in SaaS, IaaS and PaaS offerings. But what's interesting is that vendors themselves are just as interested, and in many cases, are driving standards efforts.
- CIO Profiles: Frank A. Morelli Of Movado
Don't wait to make tough people decisions, this CIO says.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay