Stories From The Issue Of » February 12, 2007
How Does The Hacker Economy Work?
It's a murky world of chat rooms, malware factories, and sophisticated phishing schemes. Here's a look inside.
2007 Global Services 100
Which companies are behind the outsourcing boom? The list goes well beyond the likes of Accenture, IBM, and Tata. The Global Services 100 list spotlights the giants along with the emerging talents from Mexico to China and the Czech Republic.
- Rob Preston Down To Business: The End Of Security As We Know It?
- John Soat IT Confidential: Dear Steve Jobs: I Have A Few Questions
- From Our Blog
- Low End, High Powered
- Brief: Jobs Calls For DRM-Free Music
- National Bill Would Require Companies To Report Data Breaches
- IBM Expands Virtual Machines On The Mainframe
- Brief: Mashups Made Easy
- VMware Celebrates Virtualization Heyday With 10% IPO
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: WebEx
- Disrupt-O-Meter: Wal-Mart Moves Into Video Downloading
- Feds Spend More On IT In '08, Expect More Problems
- The Ticker
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability