Stories From The Issue Of » February 20, 2006
It's Open Season
As Oracle and other major software companies buy open-source vendors, the commercial market takes on a new and uncertain look
The U.S. Patent System In Crisis
The U.S. patent system is in disarray. Change requires not just a better system, but better patents, too.
Yahoo faces many challenges as it tries to turn vast sums of data it has on visitors into revenue. Another challenge: that little company called Google.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Scott Vaughan Publisher's Note: Multifaceted Evolution At Hyperspeed
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Independent Analysis? Well, Yes, Quite Frankly
- John Soat IT Confidential: What Congress Doesn't Know About Free ...
- From Our Blogs
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center