Stories From The Issue Of » February 21, 2005
Slow Going On The Global Grid
The dream of global grid computing, as exemplified by the Globus Toolkit, hasn't caught on with most businesses. But fusing web-services standards with grid-computing protocols could begin to change that.
Stand And Deliver
Many companies struggle with an 80-20 split between maintenance and innovation. Here's how some have closed the gap.
- Bob Evans Business Technology: RFID: Time To Take A Stand
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Can't Deny That Change Is Afoot
- Herbert W. Lovelace Secret CIO: Password Complexity Puts Security At Risk
- John Soat IT Confidential: It's A Small Tech World, After All
- The Advisory Council SmartAdvice: Spreading IT Knowledge Among Staff Benefits All
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
This Week's Issue