Stories From The Issue Of » February 22, 2010
Data-Centric Security: Mix Technology, Process
Aligning protection with data involves navigating corporate politics and business requirements and seeking out knowledge owners. A few key technologies can help, too.
Rolling Out Windows 7
We test four products to make your deployment sing.
Companies Fight 'Blind Spots' In Database Control
Database activity monitoring helps them know who's accessing data.
Global CIO: Do CIOs Still Matter?
CIOs need to redefine their roles and boundaries in today's age of lean IT and customer-centric business.
By Bob Evans
- Down To Business: The 10 Most Strategic IT Vendors
by Rob Preston
- Practical Analysis: The Storage Stockholm Syndrome
by Art Wittmann
- First Impressions Of Windows Phone 7 Series
- Global CIO: Hewlett-Packard's Megadeal With Shell Raises Strategic Profile
- Proposal Would Hold Software Developers Accountable For Security Bugs
- HHS To Manage Stimulus Spending From The Cloud
- Microsoft Outlook Becomes Social Hub
- Dell Offers Microsoft Integration Suite
- Intel, Nokia Partner On Mobile OS
- Adobe Announces AIR For Mobile Devices
- Exclusive Research: Customers Skeptical Of Oracle-Sun Benefits
- Competitors Weigh In on Oracle's Single-Stack Plan
- More News
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay