Stories From The Issue Of » February 26, 2007
Most Business Tech Pros Wary About Web 2.0 Tools In Business
'Enterprise 2.0' must overcome concerns about security and return to get a foothold in business, InformationWeek Research Finds.
Second Life Opens For Business
Toyota, Circuit City, Dell, Sears, and Adidas have set up shop in the Second Life virtual world. But their stores are empty. Can businesses find a place with any real-world payback in this fantasyland of overindulgence?
3G Card Secures Laptops
Lost your laptop full of company secrets? No problem: A prototype PCMCIA card developed by Bell Labs for laptops can lock that data down as soon as you've reported it lost or stolen, and throw away the keys.
Black Hat: Botnets Go One-on-One
The most savvy and sophisticated botnet operators are bringing out the big guns now -- operating deeper underground and staging massive distributed denial-of-service attacks on their adversaries.
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Engage With Customers, Don't Just Humor Them
- John Soat IT Confidential: What Web 2.0 Will Mean For Workforce 2.0
- Stephanie Stahl Three Takes: SOA Is Happening -- Time To Get On Board
- From Our Blog
- Green Grid Looks For New Data Center Energy-Efficiency Ideas
- Trojan Catches A Criminal
- There's Still A Shortage Of Women In Tech, First Female Turing Award Winner Warns
- Reboot, Comrade
- Dell Receptive To Customer Input, Could Reintroduce Linux
- Supreme Court Scolds Microsoft, AT&T Lawyers In Patent Case
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Ultimate Software
- The Ticker
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users