Stories From The Issue Of » March 15, 2004
Prove It's Secure
Legislators want CIOs and service providers to show that customer data sent overseas is as safe as it is at home
The Need For Identity Management
Businesses are building systems to manage access to applications and data. Just how much risk is there?
Tough Road To Quality Code
Automakers are using software to build better cars but struggle with the challenge of developing error-free code
Aligned At Last
The new owner of National and Alamo is steering the car-rental companies out of a disastrous IT past
- Good Prognosis On BizTalk Server
- In Short: Managing RFID Readers And Data
- In Short: Aprimo Builds Suite On .Net Platform
- In Short: FileMaker Pro Capacity Hits 8 Terabytes
- Center Of Creativity
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Tech-Inspired Change
- Bob Evans Business Technology: The Silos Of Protectionism: Time To Raise Them, Or Raze Them?
- Michael Friedenberg Showdown At The SCO Corral
- John Soat IT Confidential: The Hacker Payoff; Youth Seduced
- William Schaff Taking Stock: Supercomputers Aren't A Surefire Super Stock
- David Post, Bradford C. Brown On The Horizon: Lawsuit Underlines ICANN Question
- The Advisory Council SmartAdvice: Update Software And Train Users To Help Stop Plague Of E-Mail Viruses
- Carl Zetie Convergence Or Divergence: What's Next For Mobile Devices?
- Jeffrey Hunker- Ph.D. A Dual-Edged Sword: Providing Information, Stealing Privacy
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay