Stories From The Issue Of » May 17, 2004
Rules, Rules, Rules
Sarbanes-Oxley, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, the USA Patriot Act, the California Security Breach Law, Securities and Exchange Commission rule 17a-4 -- these are but a few of the compliance challenges companies face today.
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Are You Building A Winning Team?
- Bob Evans Business Technology: Time To Put 'Lie Until They Buy' To Rest
- John Soat IT Confidential: The Long, Strange Trip And Its Veterans
- William Schaff Taking Stock: From Extreme Highs To Extreme Lows
- Fred Langa Langa Letter: Follow-Up To Linux's Achilles' Heel Column
- The Advisory Council SmartAdvice: Match IT Spending To Growth Areas
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay