Stories From The Issue Of » May 20, 2002
To The Middle
Big ERP vendors haven't done well in the midmarket. Can Microsoft do better?
Users say software quality is critical. But it's up to them, and their vendors, to do something about it.
One Step Ahead
Security managers are trying to be prepared for the next blended threat attack
A New Way To Learn
Online charter schools offer an option for kids who might have trouble in traditional classrooms
THE NEW WORKPLACE
- Robert K. Weiler Decision Support: Overcoming Obstacles To Asset Reuse
- John Foley Business Technology: Different Views Of Microsoft
- William Schaff Taking Stock: Uncle Sam Helps American Management Systems Through Slump
- Walker Royce The Case For Results-Based Software Management
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Software Quality Is Everyone's Problem
- John Soat IT Confidential
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Storage Keeps Dell On Steady Course
- Closing The Books On The Old HP
- IT Does Its Part For The Recovery
- Palmisano Plays Up Optimism
- When Redundant Communication Is Good
- You Can Hear Andy Warhol Roll Over In His Grave
- Surfing For Silent Skies
- Maybe They'll Call The Service 'Pasture Prime'
- If You're 21, Press 1 ...
FOLLOW THE MONEY
- Data-Mining Outsourcers Help Simplify Info Analysis
- Subject Matter Captured For E-Training Components
- Startup Dares To Go Where Storage Leaders Leave Void
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Best Mobile Apps are Connected
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users