Stories From The Issue Of » June 05, 2006
Amid Government Data Gathering, Businesses Mull Their Options
A Justice Department proposal that ISPs retain records for two years is just the latest in a growing list of data collection initiatives by federal agencies.
Fight For Consumers' Attention Online Heats Up
More companies doing business online are heading the Attention Economy--the idea that attention is scarce and valuable in an information-rich world. There's more to this than New Age hucksterism, and businesses that ignore this dynamic could be lost in the maturing noise of the Web.
Oil Companies Turn To IT To Shave Costs, Boost Efficiency
With the focus on driving out inefficiencies, the question remains, are they doing enough? The industry is pouring money into improving operational efficiencies, but is it doing enough to get supply to the pump?
- Informatica Tools Will Help Integrate In-House And Outside Data
- Review: 2007 Microsoft Office Beta 2 Is Up And Running
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- John Soat IT Confidential: 'Eventually, Everyone's Data Will Be Compromised'
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Trust Is Earned, Every Single Day
- From Our Blog
- Scientists Borrow From Einstein With Emerging Encryption Technology
- Web Services Companies May Lead Fixed-Mobile Convergence: Study
- New Intel Chip Premiering On A Fast Track
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: EBay Finds A Friend In Yahoo
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users