Stories From The Issue Of » June 09, 2003
Seismic shifts are in store for the enterprise apps industry. Are you ready?
Taming The Beast
Old mainframe applications are bad enough, but isolated client-server and customized packaged applications are turning into a new legacy nightmare--First In A Series
Who Needs To Know?
Businesses are looking at digital-rights management software to prevent the costly loss of confidential information.
- The Digital-Asset Divide
- Follow The Analytical Path
- In Short: A Droplet In The Java Servlet Bucket
- In Short: Business Users Get Serious Analysis Tool
- In Short: Easier Exchange
- Visual Numerics Offers Java-Based Analysis Tools
- New Patent Awarded For Data Exchange
- Droplets' Rich User Interface Supports Java Servlets
- Chris Murphy Editor's Note: Necessity Breeds Innovation
- Bob Evans Business Technology: Consolidations Will Change Industry's Face
- John Soat IT Confidential: Loyalty Programs And Intellectual Property
- William Schaff Taking Stock: There's Profit In Nonprofit Groups
- David Post and Bradford C. Brown On The Horizon: The Slingshot Of Information Freedom
- Sean Ammirati Other Voices: Interns And Solar Power--Largely Untapped Resources
- Carl Zetie Emerging Trends In PDAs
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Intel Predicts Growth
- IBM Gets Unwelcome Glance From SEC
- Government IT-Services Firms Lose Their Glow
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center