Stories From The Issue Of » June 21, 2010
Why IT Needs To Push Data Sharing Efforts
Company culture as well as technology can work against data sharing initiatives.
UC: Big Promise, Modest Movement
We surveyed 400-plus business technology pros about their business drivers for unified communications, technical hurdles--and how they define success.
Bringing Cloud ROI Down To Earth
The calculation on whether to outsource a given IT function must be based on data loss risk, lock-in and availability, total cost, reasonable investment life spans--and consensus on when good enough is all you need.
Superhighway To Hell
By Stephen Saunders
The conventional wisdom is positive--giddy, really--about the future of the Internet. It's time to trash the conventional wisdom.
Global CIO: Can Jive Drive Social Business Software?
Jive says Social Business is software's most important category in a decade, and some powerful partners agree. Will CIOs buy it?
By Bob Evans
- Gov Forum: Defense Agency To Pilot Cloud Apps
- Gov Forum: Federal CIO Pushes Performance Gains
- WellPoint Taps American Well For Telehealth
- IBM To Acquire Analytics Specialist
- BlackBerry App World 2.0: Single User ID, Carrier Billing & More
- Juniper Releases SSL VPN Client For Mobile Devices
- Shanghai Opts For Electronic Textbooks
- SeaMicro Intros Server With 512 Atom Processors
- Salesforce.com Scores World Cup CRM Deployment
- Twitter Warns Of Increased Outages
- Oracle Unifies Its Process Management Platform
- More News
This Week's Issue