Stories From The Issue Of » June 22, 2009
1 In 5 Companies Cutting IT Security Spending, Our Survey Finds
Budget woes, increased regulation, and new challenges for sensitive data are on the menu for risk managers.
Global CIO: Six Lessons CIOs Must Learn From Coke's Dazzling Innovation
CIOs from all industries need to sit down with their C-level peers and imagine fresh new approaches and processes that give customers more choices while driving more actionable, customer-based knowledge back to headquarters.
By Bob Evans
To keep application performance up, companies must get beyond manual monitoring and management of virtual machines.
8 Critical Cloud Questions:
Internal skills, chargeback policies, monitoring, and more that companies need before going live.
The biggest threat may be the lack of planning, maintenance, and governance of VM server farms.
Download the entire June 22 InformationWeek Digital Supplement, distributed solely in pdf form.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users