Stories From The Issue Of » June 25, 2012
= Member Content
- Sentiment Analysis: How Companies Now Listen To The Web
People are talking on social networks and web sites about your products and brands. Using software to listen in takes new skills and tactics.
- 7 Ways Sentiment Is Hard To Decipher Online
Online comments don't fall neatly into like or dislike, so it take nuances to understand them.
- Private Cloud Automation
It's not easy or inexpensive to implement, but without automation you'll never get self service or self healing, or realize maximum ROI. Here's how to get started.
- Virtualization Security: Where's The Innovation?
Server virtualization creates new security threats while turning the hypervisor into a network black hole, hiding traffic from traditional hardware defenses--problems a new breed of virtualization-aware security software tackles head-on.
- Dr. Dobb's: Software Engineers All!
- Dr. Dobb's: Why Phish Isn't Spam
- CIO Profile: David Rowe Of Echo Global Logistics
Always have "belt and braces," this tech chief learned from a stint in the U.K.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay