Stories From The Issue Of » August 09, 2010
The Big Data Era: How Data Strategy Will Change
From Barnes & Noble to Cabela's to Catalina Marketing, big companies are shifting their approaches.
The Browser As Attack Vector
Beginning with the Web 2.0 boom and accelerating with today's popular SaaS model, new attack techniques are exploiting browser flaws and leading to the compromise of data.
Top-Notch Application Performance
Keep users happy with service-level agreements and application performance management.
Gaps In Federal IT Strategy
Agencies lag OMB policy in several key areas.
Charting The Benefits Of Unified Communications
We break down the ROI for IP voice, video, and other real-time apps.
Download the entire supplemental August 16 issue on desktop virtualization, distributed in an all-digital format (Registration required.)
- The Cloud's Proliferating Open Source APIs
- Cloud Working Group Developing Standard APIs
- First Impressions: BlackBerry 6 Software
- U.S. To Train 3,000 Offshore IT Workers
- Google Researchers Outline Pseudonym Sign-On
- FBI Considers Bringing Sentinel Project In House
- Microsoft, Salesforce In Patent Pact
- Hyperic Monitoring Tightens Integration With VMware Console
- Zend Launches PHP Subscription
- Microsoft Plans Intel 'Oak Trail'-Based Tablets
- More News
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue