Stories From The Issue Of » August 20, 2007
VMware, XenSource, and The Future Of Virtualization
Big moves by the two companies change the landscape for one of software's hottest markets.
The Red Shift Theory
It's Sun's thesis about the explosive growth in demand for raw computing power--but is it more than the utility computing model warmed over?
The Allure Of New IT
TransUnion Interactive's willingness to try new technologies has paid off in many ways.
By Scott Metzger, TransUnion Interactive's CTO
Startup City: Startup Fundamentals
Buying from a startup requires many of the same risk/reward calculations as buying from established vendors, but the immaturity of a new company changes the equation in fundamental ways.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center