Stories From The Issue Of » August 21, 2006
Disaster Readiness Puts Tech Tools To The Test
Can thumb drives, mash-ups, and RSS improve our ability to react in emergencies? The organizers of two disaster simulations hope to find out.
Businesses Struggle Under Growing Weight Of E-Mail
From in-box overload to lawsuits, e-mail can deliver a nasty bite. Get control of it before you're a victim.
Freddie Mac Looks To Move On From Accounting Fiasco
The world doesn't stand still while a company gets its house in order. While Freddie Mac was putting out fires, it was missing opportunities. Now it's bringing IT work in-house and replacing custom and proprietary code with off-the-shelf software.
No Wires & No Policies
When all of your users and devices are attached to the network, you can do some pretty amazing things with security policy. But when users pick up those devices and walk out the door, all bets are off.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Personal Tech: Rx Master From Excalibur Electronics, The Flock Browser, The Pharos Traveler GPS 525, Sonos Zoneplayer, BOB From Hopscotch Technology, Compactflash Elite Pro Card, Dliveo, A Web-Based File Delivery System
- Google Mobile Maps Smooths Traffic Tie-Ups
- What's Legal And What Isn't In The World Of Video Sharing
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Tell Us Your IT Disasters
- John Soat IT Confidential: Three Bright Ideas For Those Blazing Batteries
- From Our Blog
- Thin, Bendable Chip May Give Cameras And Cell Phones Computing Power
- Acquisition Could Help Google Combine Image Search And Facial Recognition
- Power Management Technologies Drawing Investors
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Salesforce.com
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability