Stories From The Issue Of » August 28, 2006
Google Revealed: The IT Strategy That Makes It Work
A unique mix of internally developed software, open source, made-to-order hardware, and people management is the secret behind the search engine.
Lower-Cost Options Free IT From Software Maintenance Fees
As sales opportunities diminish, vendors are relying more on income from maintenance contracts to keep growing. With fees generally set between 17% and 22% of the original software license price, such expenses can exceed the original cost of a purchase in a few years.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Chris Murphy Down To Business: Hey! Who Are You Calling Mature?
- John Soat IT Confidential: Don't Apologize About Data Loss--Just Don't Do It
- From Our Blog
- Former Red Hat Execs Want To Rightsize Linux
- Israeli Company Plans Wi-Fi Phone Service In U.S. Cities
- Tool To Ease Collaboration On Integrated Circuit Design
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Red Hat
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability