Stories From The Issue Of » September 05, 2005
Division Of Labor
ABN Amro's move to tap five outsourcers to handle its IT needs may lead to lower costs and reduced risk, since it won't depend on a single vendor. Just add good managers.
Finding needles in haystacks is getting a little easier, as data-visualization software for businesses matures.
Homeland Security: How Far Have We Come?
Four years after the terror attacks, data sharing remains the big challenge
The Changing User Interface
We spend a lot of time staring at PCs, cell phones, and Web pages. It's high time vendors improved the view.
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Standardize To Curb Complexity
- Bob Evans Business Technology: A Microcosmic View Of A Cockeyed World
- John Soat IT Confidential: Big Ambitions Versus Worried Minds
- The Advisory Council SmartAdvice: The New Face Of Project Management
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center