Stories From The Issue Of » September 05, 2011
How To Conquer Software's Rising Costs
Complex licensing policies and increased fees can seems like an insurmountable challenge. These steps can help you get a better grip.
IT Management Gets SaaS Options
More management tools are available in the cloud, but drawbacks abound.
IT Pro Ranking: IT, Not Just Users, Abandon RIM
Our latest survey of 651 IT pros shows preference for Apple and Google platforms
Internet Evolution: What You Can't See: Monitoring Cloud Performance
Cloud performance monitoring is still in its infancy.
Dr. Dobb's: Dataflow's Big Data Edge
It handles huge loads with less complexity.
Dr. Dobb's M-Dev: Parallel Microsoft-Style
The actor model of concurrency is gaining favor in Java but remains largely ignored by Microsoft
Practical Analysis: VMware Pricing Controversy: Users Say Microsoft Door Open
by Art Wittmann
Down to Business: HP Must Decide What It Wants To Be
by Rob Preston
RIM's Secret Weapon: Managing Mobile Devices
by Chris Murphy
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability