Stories From The Issue Of » September 18, 2006
Heir to the chairmanship, Mark Hurd stays focused on growth and efficiency.
In Depth: The Transformation Of EMC
Best known as a storage hardware vendor, EMC has spent more than $7 billion to become more of a software and services company. Is the strategy working?
15 World-Widening Years
In 1991, the Web was just a gleam in a few people's eyes. Today it's driving communications, research, business, and life everywhere. How did we get here, and what's next?
Principal Financial Group Targets 15 Million Customers
This tech innovator offers workers Web tools for managing their assets and uses database marketing to effectively package products.
Department of Energy Launches Storage Effort
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is investing $11 million in a project to solve the storage problems of high-speed supercomputers, a move which may ultimately help enterprises handle their own spiraling storage demands.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- John Soat IT Confidential: Last DOS Standing
- From Our Blog
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Are You IW500 Material?
- Startup To Release Cheap, Fast Programmable Chip
- Extreme-Temperature Battery Touts Itself For The Data Center
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: RightNow
- Networking Software Searches Other Users' Desktops
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay