Stories From The Issue Of » September 24, 2007
Social Networking: A Time Waster Or The Next Big Thing In Collaboration?
Facebook and other social networks in the workplace can suck up employees' time and worse. But managed right, they may be the next breakthrough in business collaboration.
Rolling Review Wrap-up: Database Extrusion Prevention
Today's attackers are gunning for fortune, not fame, and they know the big score lies at the end of a SQL query. We tested five offerings that can provide protection.
The Next-Generation CIO
What the newest tech execs can teach us about the future of IT leadership.
By Mykolas Rambus, head of technology and special projects, Forbes Media
Tips For Recruiting And Retaining IT Talent
The IT jobs are there. Here's how to fill them and get workers to stay.
- Bob Evans CIOs Uncensored: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Simplify Your Software--Though It Ain't Easy
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Is Customer-Obsessed IT In Your Company's Blood?
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center