Stories From The Issue Of » September 27, 2010
Global CIO: Larry Ellison And IBM Lead Surge In Optimized Systems
Promising greater performance plus less busywork and lower costs, Oracle and IBM lead an industrywide movement toward highly engineered and purpose-built systems.
The Good And Bad Of Hardware-Software Appliances
Interest in appliances is growing, driven by big vendors including Oracle and IBM.
WAN Security: Your Next Assignment
Firewalls and IDS aren't enough. WAN security pros must embrace data-centric protection.
Research: VDI Adoption Trends
Is virtual desktop infrastructure technology a passing trend or a long-term solution to our desktop needs? We'll explore 430 survey responses.
By Michael Healey
IT's under pressure to deliver Facebook-like social networking inside companies. Yet the biggest worry is getting employees to use it. What's going on?
- Down To Business: 12 Most Disruptive Enterprise IT Vendors
by Rob Preston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center