Stories From The Issue Of » September 29, 2008
Enterprise Search: Microsoft, Google, Specialized Players Vie For Supremacy
Enterprise search assists in litigation, securing sensitive data, managing information, and building smarter applications. Oh, yeah, and finding that PowerPoint slide from 2006. But which vendor is best to partner with, and what are the technical challenges?
Locking Down The Cloud: Why DNS Security Must Be Improved
What's in a domain name? Everything, when your data is at stake.
The Right Search Tool
It's mostly a one-search-fits-all world today. Startup activity suggests that could be ready to change.
By Richard Martin
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay