Stories From The Issue Of » October 04, 2010
Innovation Mandate: Has America Lost Its Innovation Edge?
In an ongoing series of articles, opinion columns, and executive interviews, InformationWeek will explore the issues driving and holding back U.S. tech innovation. First up: What our extensive research tells us.
The IT Pro Ranking: Networking Vendors
Here's how InformationWeek readers rank data center networking vendors.
Global CIO: Larry Ellison Is Rewriting The Golden Rule Of IT Strategy
Ellison defies conventional wisdom by promising that extreme dependence on a single IT vendor (that would be Oracle) doesn't kill you and in fact will make you stronger.
By Bob Evans
Download the entire October issue of InformationWeek's Boardroom Journal, distributed in an all-digital format (Registration required.)
- Global CIO: IBM Turns Guns On Cisco With Acquisition Of Blade Network
- State of Minnesota Moves To Microsoft's Cloud
- Schwarzenegger Codifies California IT Reform
- Global CIO: HP CEO Apotheker Has Deep Expertise But Checkered History
- USAA CIO: On iPhone App ROI, Innovation, And More
- CA Technologies To Acquire Hyperformix
- Five Ways PlayBook Kills iPad
- Five Ways iPad Kills RIM's PlayBook
- Security Researcher Wins Prestigious MacArthur "Genius" Grant
- Document Foundation To Take OpenOffice Code Outside Oracle
- Avaya, Skype Partner On Business Communications
- More News
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay