Stories From The Issue Of » October 09, 2006
Beware The Bots
Malicious code that turns computers into zombies is wreaking all kinds of havoc.
New Battery Technology Promises More Power And Mobility
Researchers look to fuel cells, mini gas turbine engines, and new chemistry to provide more juice to mobile devices
Phishers Launch Zero-Day Exploits
Look out. Phishing attacks are starting to use zero-day exploit code.
Researcher Secures Grid Computing
A Japanese researcher has identified security as a chief reason for the slow uptake of grid computing -- and he's doing something about it.
Security's Rotten Apples
If you're working with at least two other IT/security professionals, and you're not breaking any rules, look around -- there's a good chance one of them is.
- Survey: Businesses Prepare For Windows Vista
- Microsoft Teams With EMC To Make Office Docs Easier To Store And Search
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Europe Tough On U.S. Tech Powers
- Chris Murphy IT Confidential: Listen Up: Homeland Security Explores New Monitoring Tech
- From Our Blog
- Scientists Overcoming Quantum Encryption's Distance-Related Hurdles
- Nanowires Could Lead To Microscopic Chips
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Research In Motion
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay