Stories From The Issue Of » October 16, 2006
IE7 Vs. Firefox 2.0: Why This Browser Battle Matters To Businesses
At last, Microsoft is back in the ring. And Firefox is making a tougher case for companies to let it on their desktops.
8 Expensive IT Blunders
Our hall of shame of tech failures includes McDonald's $170 million ERP fiasco, an electric-company software bug that wiped out power to much of the northeastern U.S. and Canada, and more. Get the sordid details and find out how you can avoid a disaster of your own.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Rob Preston Down To Business: No 'Small' Problems When It Comes To Ethics
- John Soat IT Confidential: Google Versus The Microsoft Machine
- From Our Blog
- Researchers Devise Algorithms To Prevent Information Overload
- Startup Offers Portal For Sharing Competitive Intelligence
- Online Marketplace Pays Bloggers To Endorse Advertisers' Products
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Kenexa
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center