Stories From The Issue Of » October 17, 2005
The Future Of The Web
Speeding up Route 101 on a sunny October afternoon from Mountain View, Calif., to San Francisco, InformationWeek reporters Aaron Ricadela and Thomas Claburn hurried back to the office after hearing Google talk up a new partnership with Sun Microsystems. With Ricadela at the wheel, Claburn banged out a news story on his laptop. The reason for their rush: The next few days were booked with press conferences and back-to-back meetings. Fifteen conference-issued meals and 30 cups of coffee later, they provide the following account. It describes a technology industry scrambling to understand--and influence--the fundamental changes playing out on the World Wide Web.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Stephanie Stahl Editor's Note: Enjoy The Good Times, Without The 'B' Word
- Bob Evans Business Technology: Rainy-Day Dreams For A Better IT World
- The Advisory Council SmartAdvice: Best-Of-Breed Or Integrated Approach To Monitoring Tools?
- Lou Bertin The Observer: Treating Customer Data Like The Gold Mine It Is
- John Soat IT Confidential: Enemy, Enemy, Friend; Enemy, Friend, Enemy...
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users