Stories From The Issue Of » October 17, 2011
= Member Content
- The Biggest Thing Since Ethernet: OpenFlow
New technology could disrupt the networking market, which for decades has relied on Ethernet and TCP/IP standards--and stalwart vendors like Cisco.
- OpenFlow Tutorial: Next-Gen Networking Has Much To Prove
The emerging protocol promises to make it easier to deal with virtualization while also using lower-cost switches.
- OpenFlow's Impact: The Industry Debate Rages
What's new about the networking protocol, and why some argue it isn't a game changer.
- Virtualization Security Checklist
Take these 4 steps to improve the security of your virtualization infrastructure.
- Virtualization Vs. Networking
Server VMs create new problems for switching, security.
- Three Leaders Make The Most Of Your WAN
Our IT Pro Ranking report evaluates six WAN optimization vendors.
- DLL Hell Redux
By Dino Esposito
- Windows 8: Microsoft's Development Re-Do
By Andrew Binstock
- CIO Profiles: Steve Hannah Of CRST International
Stay flexible, this CIO advises, but always have a multiyear tech plan.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability