Stories From The Issue Of » October 30, 2006
How To Avoid The Patent Trap
IBM's lawsuit against Amazon highlights the need for patent reform and raises a question: Are big tech vendors using their massive patent portfolios to stifle innovation?
Smartphone Buyer's Guide
Smartphones are building a loyal fan base and connecting to company networks. Here's our in-depth investigation into the top smartphone vendors' strategies, strengths, and weaknesses.
Mobile Devices Are Ready To Take Their Place Alongside PCs In Businesses
Eighty-five percent of companies will provide more access to applications via mobile devices next year, and three out of four will increase spending on devices such as smartphones and other handhelds.
Big Ideas, Small Budgets
The industries with the stingiest tech budgets still manage to innovate with technology. Here's how the mining, plastics, and construction industries do it.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Rob Preston Down To Business: A Note To Those Tech Pros Who Aren't Driving Jack
- John Soat IT Confidential: Cybersavvy? The FBI Is Calling
- From Our Blog
- More Expert Systems Migrate To Handheld Devices
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Google
- University Researchers Break Ground In Molecular Computing
- Jajah Offers VoIP Without The Internet
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay