Stories From The Issue Of » November 06, 2006
Software-As-A-Service Faces Its Next Big Test
Workday, a startup founded by tech industry veteran Dave Duffield, introduces ERP applications as on-demand services.
The foundation is still being laid for Web 2.0. The right infrastructure hinges on six key areas.
Mending Holes in the Blogosphere
Not all bloggers want to broadcast their views and news to the entire blogosphere. So Six Apart is now offering a free blogging service that lets you decide who gets to see what (if anything) of your blog, including any rants, Flickr photos, or YouTube video clips you post.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Change: Much Easier Said Than Done
- John Soat IT Confidential: The Politics Of Technology
- From Our Blog
- IBM Borrows From Biology To Get Cooling Spray On Chips
- Phone Banking System Knows You By Your Voice
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Red Hat
- E-Voting Gaffe Reported
- CA Reports Improved Earnings; Ex-CEO Gets Jail Sentence
- Brief: Irate Partners Blame AMD, Dell For Athlon Chip Shortage
- Brief: Wipro's CEO Shares His View On H-1B Needs
- JotSpot Deal Shows Google Looking Outside For Growth
- The Ticker
- Brief: Microsoft Wants Speed Advantage With Open Source PHP
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users