Stories From The Issue Of » November 12, 2012
= Member Content
- A Shaky Virtual Stack
Our InformationWeek 2013 Virtualization Management Survey shows automated service delivery is the future -- unless you want to find yourself managing cloud providers.
- Automation Demands Tighter VM Security
Plan to let hypervisors spin up new virtual machines on their own? Then you'd better lock them down.
- From The BrainYard: 7 Lessons From Social Business Leaders
Companies can learn from these leaders in the use of social networking technology for business.
- Red Robin CIO Named Social Business Technology Leader
For best articulating the value of social business in the context of business transformation, The BrainYard named Chris Laping of Red Robin restaurants its Social Business Technology Leader of the year.
- Social Business Leader Cemex Keeps Ideas Flowing
Under pressure to operate more efficiently after the housing bust, Cemex used social collaboration to connect its worldwide employees. One result: Products get to market faster.
- The Git Revolution Is Here
The movement from centralized to distributed VCS is accelerating. Enterprises and tool vendors are catching on and catching up with what open-source developers have been doing for a while. And at the front of the parade is Git.
- CIO Profiles: Zack Hicks Of Toyota
An aging population is shaking up healthcare IT, says this tech chief.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay