Stories From The Issue Of » November 14, 2011
= Member Content
- Hadoop Spurs Big Data Revolution
Open source data processing platform has won over Web giants for its low cost, scalability, and flexibility. Now Hadoop will make its way into more enterprises.
- Hadoop's Flexibility Wins Over Online Data Provider
RapLeaf replaced relational database workflow with Hadoop and now can make quick database changes.
Global CIO: How To Get One Version Of The Truth
by Chris Murphy
Down To Business: Avnet CIO Talks Cloud, BYOD
by Rob Preston
Practical Analysis: BYOD Strategy Should Start With Data-Centric Security
by Art Wittmann
- CIO Profiles: Scott Zimmerman Of CenterPoint Properties
Lesson this CIO learned from a software installation gone bad: Speak up!
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users