Stories From The Issue Of » November 28, 2011
= Member Content
- Under Pressure, Pentagon Adopts New IT Strategy
The CIO of the Department of Defense has devised an ambitious IT plan that aims to help the military branches cope with billions of dollars in budget cuts.
- Army CIO Seeks $1.5B In IT Efficiencies
How will Lt. General Susan Lawrence do it? Data center consolidation, enterprise email, and server virtualization are part of the plan.
- Where Agile Development Fails: IT Operations
Agile developers want fast and frequent deployments. IT operations teams want stability. A growing movement is trying to bridge the gap.
- Why App Dev Needs A Better Deployment Pipeline
A more trusted deployment process lets developers launch new code more often.
- New Research: Unified Communications 2012
More than 300 business technology pros weigh in on their UC plans, problems, and preferred vendors.
Global CIO: Why Ford Just Became A Software Company
by Chris Murphy
Secret CIO: Mobility Is The New Wild West
by John McGreavy
It's A New Dell
by Fritz Nelson
Practical Analysis: It's Time To Get Your 10 Gig On
by Art Wittmann
- CIO Profiles: Robert Urwiler Of Vail Resorts
It's time to embrace the consumerization of IT, says this CIO.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue