Stories From The Issue Of » December 03, 2012
= Member Content
- BYOD: Why Mobile Device Management Isn't Enough
Here's what to look for in MDM software and what limitations IT still faces in letting employees use personal devices for work.
- Good Technology MDM Review: Tight Grip On Data
Good's on its way to data-centric security.
- RIM MDM Review: Beyond BES, Not There Yet
It's not an easy option unless you're a heavy-duty BlackBerry shop.
- Symantec MDM Review: Familiarity A Selling Point
Users of Symantec security software will find similar interface.
- Get Ready For Gigabit Wi-Fi
Emerging 802.11ac WLAN products could drive nearly 7 Gbps of throughput. Buckle up.
- 12-Step Plan to Slash Software Costs
Avoiding budget surprises is a top priority for IT. Two main keys: Spend smart up front, then manage licensing and maintenance.
- Internet Evolution: Bad Standards Can Lead To Tomorrow's Doorstop
- CIO Profiles: John Kellington Of Cincinnati Insurance
Rip the Band-Aid off, advises this tech chief.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue